Monday, August 17, 2009

Ticket, tickets, get your tickets.....

My hubby and I have our individual responsibilities concerning the household chores. It isn't very difficult. I scrub toilets and he cuts the grass. I could cut the grass, but I refuse to because I scrub toilets. And our lawnmower is semi-broken and the self propelled wheels aren't working, it's August, my front yard is a big hill and I scrub toilets.
Now that being said, this weekend he did not cut the grass. This wasn't that big of a deal because my neighbors were also slacking, but yesterday they cut theirs. Thus making us "that house."
I don't like being "that house."
I got up this morning, and sent the boy off to school. As I looked out the front window to watch him walk to the bus stop, I was pleasantly reminded that I am currently growing my own little Amazon jungle.
Seriously.
The only thing we are lacking is a waterfall and monkeys. I could sell tickets to the neighborhood kids for $5.00 to tour my front yard. Hell, I am scared to let my dogs out because they might get lost. And then I might get lost while looking for them and I'm not sure if there are any well trained, professional search and rescue teams in my small little town to come and find me.
And then there wouldn't be anyone to scrub toilets.
Hubby says he will cut the grass today. We'll see. Somehow I have this crazy feeling that he is going to conveniently have a "late day" at work, thus not come home until dark. I'll give him the benefit of the dought. There is a small chance he will come home and deforest the front yard and I will no longer have to be "that house."
Thank God my neighborhood doesn't have a homeowners association or we would get the boot. Though I bet my neighbors are wishing for one right now.
It will get done. Just not by me. It's not my job. I scrub toilets.


Until next time,
KD

No comments:

Post a Comment